Get that classic buffalo flavor and combine it with some chicken and pasta, and you have yourself a mouthwatering entree that everyone will go crazy over!
I love buffalo-flavored foods! There are so many different options out there, and I am one of those people that believes it goes with anything and everything! Try out these buffalo wings, this delicious cauliflower, and this amazing buffalo chicken dip.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe
Anytime that I can combine chicken and pasta, I will do it! They are a match made in heaven, and that buffalo chicken pasta is no exception! It is full of flavor, and my favorite part is when it is sprinkled with crumbles of blue cheese. Those two flavors are paired for perfection!
Not only is this pasta packed with flavor, but between the chicken and the pasta, it’s a deliciously hearty meal. You can use any type of pasta that you want, but I find that penne pasta is the perfect size and ratio to make sure that you get a little bit of everything in each bite. Pair this pasta with some delicious and easy rolls and a light salad. Trust me when I tell you that you are going to love this meal!
Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken Pasta
These ingredients are simple and easy but don’t let that fool you! They marry together beautifully and create a dish that will have you wanting to lick your plate clean! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Chicken Breast: Cook these ahead of time so that they are ready to go when you start mixing everything up! I like to cook chicken in my Instant Pot for recipes like this!
- Pasta: I used penne pasta for this recipe, but you can also use farfalle or large elbow noodles.
- Garlic: I love garlic, and it adds a delightful extra punch to this pasta.
- Cream Cheese: Let this sit out on the counter for a few minutes before you start. Then it will soften up and mix in smoothly.
- Ranch Dressing: You can also try using blue cheese dressing if you want more of that flavor.
- Chicken Broth: I use this instead of water because it brings in more flavor.
- Buffalo Sauce: You can buy this at the store if you want it to be quick and easy or you can make some of my homemade buffalo sauce at home with this recipe.
- Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese: Pre-shredded cheese or cheese shredded from the block work great!
- Green Onion: Use this on top to add flavor as a delicious garnish.
- Blue Cheese: crumbled blue cheese is a MUST when it comes to making anything buffalo flavored!
- Salt and Pepper: Add these to taste.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pasta
This pasta dish is so simple! It uses shredded chicken, so it’s super simple to dump it all in and mix it together. It will be ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s the perfect weeknight meal for those on-the-go nights.
- Cook Garlic: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic. Cook for 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add and Melt Cream Cheese: Stir in the softened cream cheese until it melts.
- Whisk: Pour the ranch dressing and buffalo sauce and whisk into the other ingredients until smooth.
- Add Cheese and Chicken: Add the shredded cheese and shredded chicken. Continue string until you melt the cheeses and coat the chicken.
- Stir: Add in the pasta and stir. Incorporate all of the ingredients by mixing thoroughly.
- Season and Garnish: Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with sliced green onions and crumbled blue cheese.
Quick and Easy Tips
If you want this buffalo chicken pasta to come together as quickly as possible, then I have a few shortcuts for you that make this so quick and easy!
- Rotisserie Chicken: Instead of taking the time to cook and shred your chicken beforehand, then try this! Grab a rotisserie chicken from Costco (or better yet, they have bags of rotisserie chicken already pre-shredded!) and toss this in with your pasta and sauce. It’s a huge time saver, and it tastes just as delicious!
- Buy the sauce: If you don’t have time to make your buffalo sauce from scratch (I highly recommend using this recipe if you do), then just buy some at the store! I prefer to use this buffalo wing sauce.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftover buffalo chicken pasta, then you can place it in an airtight container and put it in your fridge. It will last about 3-4 days. You can reheat it in the microwave on high until it’s heated through.
Heat a large pot or saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic. Cook for 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant.
Add the softened cream cheese and stir until it is mostly melted.
Pour the ranch dressing and buffalo sauce and whisk into the other ingredients until smooth.
Add the shredded cheese and shredded chicken. Stir in until the cheeses melt and the chicken is coated.
Stir in the drained pasta and mix until all of the ingredients are incorpated.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with sliced green onions and crumbled blue cheese.
Serving1cupCalories785kcal (39%)Carbohydrates62g (21%)Protein39g (78%)Fat42g (65%)Saturated Fat17g (85%)Polyunsaturated Fat9gMonounsaturated Fat10gTrans Fat0.01gCholesterol133mg (44%)Sodium1852mg (77%)Potassium581mg (17%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A940IU (19%)Vitamin C2mg (2%)Calcium327mg (33%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Leave a Reply