Bruno Mars played his first-ever show in Israel this past Wednesday night. Today, he’s canceling his second concert, scheduled for tonight in Tel Aviv, after a surprise attack from Hamas escalated the ongoing Israel-Palestinian conflict. Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that his country is now “at war” with Hamas and that he seeks “victory,” reports The New York Times.
“Bruno Mars concert scheduled to take place tonight is cancelled,” Live Nation Israel announced in a statement in Hebrew. “All ticket purchases to the show will receive an automatic refund to the credit card through which the purchase was made.”
According to the Associated Press, Israel’s national rescue service said at least 200 Israelis were killed and over 1,000 wounded following this morning’s rocket attack. In the Gaza Strip, at least 198 people were killed and over 1,600 wounded by Israel’s retaliation, said the Palestinian Health Ministry. Back in August, the Associated Press reported that over 200 Palestinians had been killed this year by Israeli forces in the West Bank, marking the highest number per year since 2005.